Monday, March 9, 2015

Ron Mueck


Image result for ron mueck
     As I was flipping through Pintrest  I came across one of Ron Mueck's sculptures and was instantly intrigued. I love how each of his pieces are very realistic even though they are giant size or very small. He is so detailed in his work,for example he makes sure that if the sculpture needs goose bumps he gives them to them. 
As I watched this time lapsed video I was pleasantly surprised that after he sculpted the baby he then makes a mold for it. it was very interesting for me because I have been making molds for my installation piece, not on this scale but it has been a next don't do that because it doesn't work that well kind of adventure. his mold was done over very many steps. He used a fiberglass cast system from what I can tell. There is commentary in the back ground but it is very soft and it is hard to understand what is being said. 

The picture on the right is Woman with Sticks.he give every detail from the strain in her arms to the determination on her face. She almost looks as though she will fall over backwards from strain. Ron has a lot more sculptures and they should be checked out.  

1 comment:

  1. I saw another video of a piece he made and it was so impressive.

    I really like that he works in water based clay to start with. It makes me feel like I could do that sort of thing someday.

    ReplyDelete